Illeanna Chavira


Illeanna's favorite quote is "never let your past determine your future" and I can see why, as I spoke with her I can hear this great energy and enthusiasm coming through the phone and to was so refreshing to hear her share with me her story and how it all began and what drove her to were she is today.  


Illeanna is a force to be reckoned with, when it comes to sharing beliefs in empower women and letting them (us) all know how valuable we are and precious individuals. And that our size is not our character but a beautiful accessory and that we can accomplish everything and anything we set our minds to. 


 Here is Illeanna Chavira story in her own words:


"Illeanna is not your stereotypical "plus" size woman....She is strong and secure with the person she has become and continues to grow into. Growing up heavier than her peers  and surrounded by people who constantly expressed the "you have such a pretty face" & "if only you lost some weight" notions.

She was left to find her own positive self esteem and bigger than life outlook. She has made it her mission to reach out to young women and teach them coping mechanisms that not only raise self esteem but save lives. She has worked in conjunction  with companies that cater to ALL women but more specifically women of size.

Illeanna continues to make strides in the plus size industry as a past model and current Director of Empowerment and Columnist for SKORCH magazine. She has also teamed up with Dove and is a facilitator of "Dove self-esteem fund" and "uniquely me" with girl scouts of America.  Her ambitions and dreams will persevere through all obstacles as she fights not only for you but WITH you."


Many years ago, before 'Americas Next Top Model 'and before the plus size craze, I began modeling and did fairly well during this time. Although I wasn't the typical size 0, 5'10 model,  the rate at which I booked work slowly increased over the years. 

However, I noticed that many other plus size models weren't as fortunate and I heard horrible stories about encounters they've had with photographers or people portraying themselves as photographers.

I then made it my mission to ensure that, not only would these women book more work but they would be treated with respect. So I opened IMMA (Illeanna Management & Marketing Agency) to help all models and also to help promote plus size models. 

IMMA was an agency with a rolodex full of photographers, make up artist, hairstylist and all necessary entertainment needs. With times evolving and the acceptace of plus size models changing, there was no longer a need for a liaison as myself. I like to think that my stance helped mold some of today's views.

Yet and still, with that need met I found myself still wanting to help women. ALL women, of all backgrounds and walks of life.  I wanted to help empower and teach them coping skills that they would find useful in todays world..

So began Royal Fabulosity - a place filled with empowerment information, services, products, and seminars glitzed with fashion. Royal Fabulosity can be found at: www.RoyalFabulosity.com

In all the great work and cause's Illeanna is involved with she shines a light for a lot of others to follow and to see that your dreams can come true, to just keep going on no matter what life may put in your path, and to succeed you must continue believing in who you are not what the world thinks you are.
Enhanced by Zemanta



No comments:

Post a Comment