Danielle Zavala: It's Just the Beginning

Hello my name is Danielle and I am a curvy girl with a bright and energetic personality that is just captivating. I'm fun loving, outgoing, funny and easy to work with =] I am comfortable in my skin and quickly adjust to my different surroundings. I'm in no means a "diva" when it comes to work ethic.

I'm currently featured on Good Rockin' Daddy clothing's website (www.goodrockin-daddy.com) and have appeared in the "We are Sisters" Fashion show with Illeanna Chavira of Royal Fabulosity (www.illeanna.com/). I was also the December/January SKORCH Magazine cover model (www.skorchmagazine.com) I am currently featured in the Bettie B. Dangerous Swimwear Calendar as Miss January. (www.feelingdangerous.com) with photos being taken by Painted Pinups (www.paintedpinups.com).

I also have been chosen as a Finalist in the Miss Curve 2011 Competition that will be taking place at The Curvy Revolution this February in Las Vegas at the Planet Hollywood Hotel! (www.curvyrevolution.com)

Here's my normal little blurb about the stuff that I am currently involved in. I started modeling this past summer and have just loved it ever since. I have always loved being a performer and always knew that I wanted to be a star. I feel so lucky to actually have a chance to follow my dreams of being a star =]




what is your Personal style?
-I would definitely have to say my personal style is modern pinup. I love the vintage style reproductions! They fit a curvy shape better than any other style I've come across.

What are the 5 things you can’t live without?
-French Fries
-Nachos
-My close friends
-My Family
-My Macbook

What’s your motto or life advice that you live by?
-Beauty isn't a size, it's an attitude!

What do you think is the hardest part about being in the beauty and fashion industry?
-The hardest part of being in the fashion industry is hearing the word "No". I was fortunate to grow up in a home where "no" was the answer to many questions so it doesn't bother me as much, but for some women it can be very painful. I never dreamed that I would be fortunate enough to follow my modeling dream so for every "No" I get or "You aren't the right size" I remember the "Yes" answers I've gotten from photographers and I keep working harder to turn those "No's" into "Yes's"!

Any tips for any Pluz size gals out there who want to model?
-Do your research! Make sure to find out where you fit in the Plus size industry. Make sure that your skin, hair, nails are well taken care of. Also, don't be afraid to hit the gym. You can still be plus sized and toned. Go walking with friends or do light weight lifting with your legs/arms to keep them toned. Models should be toned at any size to best show off their shape. Most importantly PRACTICE!! Spend some time in front of the mirror finding out which angle best suits you.

What do you love about yourself?what do you dislike?
-I love my smile the most. I feel that it is the one thing that sets me apart from other models. I love to smile and I feel that it shows in my photos. The one thing I dislike is my arms. I love my body as a whole but my arms are still my one insecurity. I have learned how to try and remember that they aren't as large as I view them but a girl is always her worst critic.

Tell us a little bit about yourself? your hopes your dreams etc.
-My hope is to one day become a Vintage 50's pinup model! I just love vintage styling and feel that it was the one era that praised the curvy woman the best. I would also like to maybe start my own foundation for curvy girls like myself by doing motivational speaking to show women how gorgeous they are!

IS it harder for you to get Modeling Gigs as a plus size Model?
if so share the worse and Best Experiences you had..
-Modeling gigs are difficult to get no matter what size you are. When a designer has a specific image in their mind it doesn't matter if you are a size 2 or size 20 if you don't fit that look you won't be selected. I've responded to several casting calls and have been told that I'm not what the client is looking for, however they like my look and would like to work with me in the future. So a "No" to one thing doesn't necessarily always mean "No".

And what would be your message to any young girl out there about Self-esteem and a postive self image? :)
-All women are insecure about their bodies during at least one time in their life. I know several skinny models who wish they were skinnier and even some that wish they were bigger. Just remember who you are and what makes you happy. I have always been a plus size girl and it wasn't until I learned to love myself that I found the confidence to model and am now being interviewed! I just came to the realization that I will never be a size 2 and it changed my whole outcome on loving who I was. Dreams really can come true no matter what size you are!

1 comment:

  1. hi, i am tejaa from india, i like ur smile. keep smiling. i like ur saying beauty isn't size but attitude. i am very much pleased by seeing those words. gd luck

    ReplyDelete